Chronic & Acute Pain Management
- Neuromuscular Therapy - Is the utilization of static pressure ( trigger point therapy) on specific myofascial points to relieve pain.. This technique manipulates the soft tissue of the body (muscles, tendons and connective tissue) to balance the central nervous system.
- Active Myorascial Therapy - Incorporates active muscle movement, myofascial therapy, and trigger point therapy during the session to release adhesions and trigger points in the tissue. This is an advanced technique that helps aid in the muscle length and movement.
- Deep Tissue - Applies some of the same strokes as Swedish, but the movement is slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain in order to reach the sub-layer of muscle and the fascia. (a thin sheath of fibrous tissue surrounding muscle or other organ)
- Myofascial Release - Treats a variety of chronic disorders in which the muscle tissue is stretched and manipulated to relieve tension in the fascia. (a thin sheath of fibrous tissue enclosing a muscle or other organ)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage -Manual Lymphatic Drainage Is an advanced form of massage that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system to remove congestion and stagnation from within the body. This is a gentle technique that assists the lymphatic system in working more efficiently. Healthy lymph is a clear, watery-looking fluid that flows throughout vessels in the body into lymph nodes, which filter out the waste and debris from the system. When the lymph system is damaged or blocked, excess fluid may accumulate in the body causing lymphedema. Manual Lymphatic Drainage is recommended by surgeons before and after surgery to reduce bruising, swelling, healing time, and scar formation.
- Boca Lymph Lift - Manual Lymphatic Drainage of the head neck and face helps to alleviate sinus congestion and stagnation and increase lymph flow, helps reduce under eye bags and dark circles, improves circulation of blood and nutrients, repairs cells and improves skin appearance, increases oxygen supply.
- Massage Cupping - By creating suction and negative pressure, masssage cupping is used to drain excess fluids and toxins; stimulate the peripheral nervous system; bring blood flow to the stagnant muscles and skin; and loosen adhesions, connective tissue and stubborn knots in the soft tissue. Prior to applying the cup, oil is adminstered to the skin to facilitate smoth movement and palpably discover the area of tension and congestion. The cup may be "parked" for a short time on on the area being treated, or moved around the joints and tissue. Cupping can be used on the neck, shoulders, back, sacral area, hip, abdomen, thigh, upper arms and calves.
- Sports Massage - Addresses specific needs of athletes, combines Swedish massage, cross-fiber friction massage, deep compression massage, trigger point therapy, during training, before or after events, to enhance performance, or promote healing post injury.
- Swedish - Swedish massage is designed for relaxation. Swedish uses a variety of techniques specifically designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart.
- Therapeutic Swedish - Therapeutic Swedish massage is designed for clients who are wanting to relax but also wanting some tension worked out of the muscle without having a Deep Tissue Massage.. Therapeutic Swedish is going to use the same Swedish strokes but at a deeper level to work our way into the muscle ease tension but without utilizing Deep Tissue.
- Prenatal Massage - Prenatal Massage shares many of the goals of regular massage – to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility. Prenatal massage is specifically tailored to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies.
- Couples Massage - Couples massage provides an excellent opportunity to receive a massage together with your spouse, friend or loved one in the same room or in a separate room.
- Reflexology - Reflexology is a therapy based on a principle that there are specific innervations in the hands and feet that correspond with specific muscles and organs of the body. Through the application of pressure on these areas, reflexology is said to promote benefits such as relaxation, improve circulation, and support normalized function in the corresponding area of the body.
- Russian Honey Massage - Russian Honey Massage - also known as Tibetan or Ukrainian Honey Massage is an ancient treatment that has been practiced in Asia and Eastern European countries for hundreds of years. Honey is applied to the skin and massaged until it becomes sticky, then it is worked using special techniques until the consistency changes and white pellets appear on the skin surface. These pellets are believed to be toxins and salts that have been drawn from the body and have been absorbed into the honey. In addition, beneficial nutrients from the honey are transferred to the body's tissues and the skin is left feeling nourished and moisturized. Any residual honey is easily removed with a moist heat towel.